Failure to Stop at the Red Light - PHOTO RED LIGHT CAMERA

Asked over 1 year ago - Redwood City, CA

I was catch by the camera for not stopping at red light by 19 milliseconds . I will try to make it short . I was driving someone else's car and when I got the notice I tried to check on line but it wasn't in their system . I was told that it takes a while , so I waited , but after a while it scared me and I tried to call without success , I went to the court asking for information and they couldn't find my violation and asked me to go to police department . I went there and they gave me the number of the declarant of my notice and turned out that the violation number was wrong by one letter . I missed my court date because I didn't know when I was supposed to go and now I have to pay 900 dollars . I can't afford it . Any chance of reducing it to the initial fine and doing traffic school ?

1. Seth Andrew Weinstein

3

Answered . You should explain the situation to the Judge. Go into the Clerk's Office and motion up the ticket. Explain what you did and the Judge should restore the original fine amount.

Seth Weinstein, Esq.
    Practicing throughout Southern California
    (310) 707-7131
    www.sethweinsteinlaw.com

2. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

2

Answered . My colleague is correct. The big question is that you did not have to get this ticket if your friend did not turn you in. You have to see if you can get this on calendar and explain to judge what happened.

3. David B Pittman

Pro

1

Answered . I would appear in court and plead your case to the judge.