Failure to maintain lain charge in Atlanta after accident. Best option?

Asked about 1 year ago - Atlanta, GA

I was headed down a side road in Atlanta where the lane split off into two lanes. I merged into the left lane, and a lady parked off on the side of the street turned out in front of me to do a U turn in the middle of the street. She hit the front right hand corner of my car doing just a bit of body damage and her car was lightly scratched. Before I could even exit the car she pulled back over closer to the side of the road. When the police showed up they took her statement and ticketed me for failure to maintain my lane and wouldn't take a statement from me. What sort of fee could I expect from this ticket and with no witnesses do I have the chance to contest it? I don't know if they ticketed her with anything or not.

1. Glen Edward Ashman

Pro

2

Answered . The amount of a potential fine depends on which court the case is sent to. Since a conviction can also affect civil litigation and your insurance rates, you should talk to a lawyer to determine what you should do.

2. Thomas Andrew Miller

1

Answered . You should hire an attorney to protect your interests here. This involves much more than simply a fine or a ticket.

Pro

1

Answered . Spend a couple hundred bucks for a local traffic court lawyer, and your chances of a successful resolution increase exponentially.