Failure to file taxes, extension and N400

If you file a tax extension (form 4868) on your taxes is that considered "failure to file" on your n400?

New York, NY -

Attorney Answers (1)

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Hassan Hussein Elkhalil

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

No, extension is not failure to file taxes. You may submit previous years taxes to show good moral character.

Good luck.

Hassan Elkhalil

Mark as helpful

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask your questions on our Q&A forum. It's free and anonymous.

Ask a Lawyer

Need to find an attorney? Browse our lawyer directory.

Find a Lawyer