Failure to comply with Deferred Disposition? Anyway around this?

Asked about 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I received a speeding ticket in College Station, TX In January 2012. I got a deferred disposition, and received a probationary period from January 9 to July 7. On June 25 I received a citation in Austin, TX for "disregarding a stop sign". This is so close to the end of my probationary period, is there anyway for me to still get the original ticket from College Station dismissed?

1. Monetta Elaine Burgess

Answered . There is a way to keep both citations off your record. An attorney should still be able to work with the Austin court to obtain deferred disposition for you. It will also depend on the deferred disposition wording/terms in College Station. Are they requiring you to be on deferred in regards to only new citations in College Station, or are they requiring your refraining from getting another citation in the whole State of Texas? In addition, is College Station requiring you to send in a notarized statement or appear in court at the end of the deferral stating you did not receive any new citations?

Also, most deferral requirements only mention not being convicted of another citation during the deferral period. If you are put on deferred disposition in Austin, then technically you have not been convicted.

Contacting an attorney to work on resolving your citation in Austin would be helpful and save you any worry.

Good Luck!