Failure to comply with Deferred Disposition? Anyway around this?

Austin, TX |

I received a speeding ticket in College Station, TX In January 2012. I got a deferred disposition, and received a probationary period from January 9 to July 7. On June 25 I received a citation in Austin, TX for "disregarding a stop sign". This is so close to the end of my probationary period, is there anyway for me to still get the original ticket from College Station dismissed?

1. There is a way to keep both citations off your record. An attorney should still be able to work with the Austin court to obtain deferred disposition for you. It will also depend on the deferred disposition wording/terms in College Station. Are they requiring you to be on deferred in regards to only new citations in College Station, or are they requiring your refraining from getting another citation in the whole State of Texas? In addition, is College Station requiring you to send in a notarized statement or appear in court at the end of the deferral stating you did not receive any new citations?

Also, most deferral requirements only mention not being convicted of another citation during the deferral period. If you are put on deferred disposition in Austin, then technically you have not been convicted.

Contacting an attorney to work on resolving your citation in Austin would be helpful and save you any worry.

Good Luck!

The Coquat Law Firm is based in San Antonio, Texas and answers questions on AVVO.com for general information purposes only. Attorney answers are intended to be informative opinions only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. If you would like to hire an attorney from The Coquat Law Firm, please see us online at www.TrafficTicketSA.com or call us at 210-745-0144.

Traffic tickets topics