Failed interlock test and passed 30 seconds later.

Denver, CO |

This morning I failed a start-up interlock test, than passed 30 seconds later. I think the failure was because I sprayed air freshener in the car the night before. What will happen because of the fail and am I no longer eligible to have it taken off early? I've been told that I can be eligible to take it off early after 120 days and I'm almost there...I've had the interlock now for just under four months. I'm really concerned...especially because I did not drink, I did not use mouth wash.

1. The fact that it worked 30 seconds later means your probably fine. You shouldn't worry. If the DMV gives you a hard time about removing early, call a lawyer.

No answer here should be considered to form an attorney-client relationship. You should consult with a licensed attorney in your jurisdiction so that a full evaluation of the facts of your case can be conducted.

2. Watch the mail for a letter from DMV. If anything happens they will send you a letter. Take you vehicle in to be checked four months after your license was issued. Most likely they will send you a letter telling you that you can take it off.

3. Contact your attorney. If you want to find one here (if you don't have one) on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.

DUI topics