Failed interlock test and passed 30 seconds later.

Asked about 1 year ago - Denver, CO

This morning I failed a start-up interlock test, than passed 30 seconds later. I think the failure was because I sprayed air freshener in the car the night before. What will happen because of the fail and am I no longer eligible to have it taken off early? I've been told that I can be eligible to take it off early after 120 days and I'm almost there...I've had the interlock now for just under four months. I'm really concerned...especially because I did not drink, I did not use mouth wash.

1. John Lawrence Buckley

6

Answered . The fact that it worked 30 seconds later means your probably fine. You shouldn't worry. If the DMV gives you a hard time about removing early, call a lawyer.

2. James C Forslund

6

Answered . Watch the mail for a letter from DMV. If anything happens they will send you a letter. Take you vehicle in to be checked four months after your license was issued. Most likely they will send you a letter telling you that you can take it off.

3. Ethan Patrick Meaney

Pro

2

Answered . Contact your attorney. If you want to find one here (if you don't have one) on AVVO you can select "Find a Lawyer" at the top of the page. Good luck.