Facing Disorderly Conduct/Resisting Arrest/Public Intox in Alabama. If found guilty what are the maximum penalties?

Montgomery, AL |

Jail time or fines? or both?

1. The maximum penalties would include jail time and fines on each case. However, you are best served to discuss this with an attorney in your area.

No representation is made that the quality of legal services to be provides is greater than the quality of legal services to be provided by other attorneys. Any answers we give are based on what you might expect not any sort of guarantee. By answering a question we are not creating an attorney client relationship. All inquires are confidential

2. Each of those offenses are considered misdemeanors. There are 3 grades of misdemeanors - Class A up to 1 year in jail, Class B up to 6 months in jail, and Class C up to 90 days in jail. We also have violations which carry a maximum sentence of up to 30 days.

Disorderly Conduct is a Class B misdemeanor
    Public Intoxication is a Violation
    Resisting Arrest is a Class B Misdemeanor

I would suggest that you contact a lawyer who practices in the court where you are scheduled to appear. If you tell me the law enforcement agency that arrested you, I may be able to give you a better idea of the possible penalties you might be facing.