Facebook shut down my right to upload videos over one video falsely accused of copyright infringement

Asked over 1 year ago - Blacksburg, VA

I am aspiring to be a professional mermaid, so naturally, i rely on videos to showcase my ability to potential employers and to family. I use lindsey sterlings music usually for background music and I always make sure to give the proper recognition, which as I learned with the MLA format of bibliographies, when you claim that what you are using is someone else's and give details on who's it is, you are not liable to copyrights.

I am now banned from posting any videos, which is terrible because I rely on that! When I type copyright infringement into their help search bar, i can't find what I'm looking for, I know they have a form for if you are accused of copyright infringement that you believe is a false accusation but I can't find it anywhere. does anyone else know?

1. Bruce E. Burdick

Pro

1

Answered . That question must be a joke! It is insulting to mermaids, as it suggest mermaids are idiots.

Idiotic statement 1 "I use linsey sterling's music usually for background music" [Translation, " I infringe Lindsey Sterling's copyrights"].
    Idiotic statement 2 "when you claim that what you are using is someone else's and give details on who's it is, you are not liable to copyrights." [ And, when you rob a bank or murder 20 first graders, if you give details you did not commit a crime, right?]

You are banned because you are a thief stealing copyrighted material. Too bad if you rely on copyright infringement. Drug dealers rely on selling drugs, but few think it "terrible" if they get "banned" [locked up in prison].

You can't find "copyright infringement" in a search bar? You know "they have a form" for when you are accused of copyright infringement. Who the heck is "they" that have such a form? Facebook. Wow, you are a piece of work!

You need to swim on over to your local copyright lawyer and get your tail straightened out as your scales must be interfering with your mermaid brain. You are really one screwed up flipper lady. In fact, I wonder if you have flipped out. Perhaps a good copyright attorney can unflip you so you can swim straight and get your head out of the sand, legally speaking it seems for you it's in quicksand.

Or perhaps that was just a funny joke after all.

2. Jon Kenneth Perala

1

Answered . Copyright law is copyright law and Facebook policy is Facebook policy. When you sign up for Facebook you agree to their terms of use. Consider yourself lucky the artist only gave Facebook a take down notice and didn't sue you directly (which they still might).

3. Maxwell Seaton Felsheim

Answered . I had no idea you could be a professional mermaid. Unfortunately your schooling on copyright law (via the MLA style manual, which relates to proper citation) has you floundering and confused as to the difference between copyright infringement and plagiarism. As my colleagues have pointed out, you are lucky to have slipped the hook and only been banned from uploading to Facebook as opposed to a copyright infringement suit, which may still be lurking in the shallows.

As an armature mermaid, you should consult a professional attorney to help you navigate the stormy seas of copyright law.