Facebook evidence in a divorce?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Knoxville, TN

Can photos, comments, and "check-in" locations posted on Facebook be used as evidence in a divorce? My ex hasn't supported our child for months and claims it's because he's broke, but has posted things on Facebook about going to concerts, photos & "check-in" posts that shown him bar hopping and meeting women.

1. Atousa Saei

Pro

2

1

Answered . Facebook has a precedence of being used as evidence in a court setting. I agree with Mr. Williams that you should seriously consider consulting with a locally knowledgeable attorney to help you through your divorce. I hope this helps and good luck.

2. Edwin Arnold Anderson

Pro

Answered . Yes, it can. But you need a proper foundation. Check with your lawyer.

3. Robert Samuel English

Pro

Answered . In my recent experience, It can be some of your best evidence.

4. Daniel Seth Williams

Pro

1

1

Answered . Absolutely. However, you must lay a proper foundation and introduce it as relevant and meet other evidentary requirements which an attorney could best assist you with.