F2B I-130 got approved Jan,2008 does my son who was born Nov, 1991(now 21) is eligible to move with me?

Asked over 1 year ago - Willowbrook, IL

My father who is a green card holder applied for me Oct, 2006 under F2B, the I-130 got approved Jan,2008 does my son who was born Nov, 1991 (now 21) is eligible to move with me when my visa number becomes available? Is there something that I can do to make sure that he can come with me, all our family is already in the United States, my daughter is a green card holder too. Also, my father is scheduled to get his naturalization soon too, does that make any difference?

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

10

Answered . Take the number of days the I-130 was pending - from the day filed to the day approved, and subtract from your son's age on August 1, 2013. If his "adjusted age" will land him under 21, and provided the priority stays current, he might.

2. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

6

Answered . Whether your son can immigrate with you depends upon a number of factors, including your country of birth and application of the Child Status Protection Act. Pleas consult with an immigration attorney to discuss this case further.

3. Brian David Lerner

5

Answered . Hello:

Your son may be able to immigrate. We would need to see if under the CSPA he is considered a 'child' or not. Some of that calculation depends on how long it took the USCIS to adjudicate the I-130.

4. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . F2b for August 2013 is at December 1, 2005, so the visa is not yet available.

5. Dhenu Mitesh Savla

Pro

1

Answered . Looking at the Visa Bulletin, it isn't likely. It depends on whether he would be protected under CSPA at the time the date is current.

Dhenu Savla, Esq.
    SwagatUSA, LLC
    www.swagatusa.com/attorney

This answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not meant to be relied upon as legal advice.