F2A petition

Asked over 4 years ago - Woodridge, IL

I am a LPR and applied for my unmarried son when he was 18. His petition has now become current at 21. However, under CSPA he is ok as long as he adjusts status within 1 year. What does that mean? Must he file a 485 when he arrives in the US? or does it mean he must have his interview in the consulate within 1 year? Or is it something else I am missing? Any clarification would be helpful. Thanks.

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If his priority date is current and he is outside the US, then you will process from the consular for an immigrant visa for him to enter the US.
    His interview will be conducted at the consulate and he will be granted an immigrant visa at the consulate.
    It is advisable to retain an immigration lawyer if you are not familiar with the process.
    You are welcome to use the link below to contact me if you wish.
    Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,006 answers this week

3,093 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,006 answers this week

3,093 attorneys answering