F2A October 2013

Houston, TX |

What is the meaning of the last sentence? F2A: This category was made “Current” in an effort to generate new demand for the upcoming fiscal year. Information received during discussions with the National Visa Center and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services indicates that this action is already having the intended result. Therefore, it is likely that a cut-off will be imposed for October. ---This cut-off is unlikely to have any negative impact on those who have already initiated action on their case prior to the announcement of the October cut-off dates.---

My priotity date is 3 Jan 2013, My I-130 approved on 30 July 2013, Submitted I-864 to NVC on 12 August 2013. My visa office is Islamabad, Does it mean that there will be no negative impact on my case? I case if there is, then do i need to wait till my visa is available again? Perhaps after a year?

1. Right, in your case an October cut-off shouldn't impact you obtaining your immigrant visa.

2. It will depend on what the cut-off day will be come October.

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

3. There is no way to predict when that dreaded priority "cutoff" day is upon us in October how far back the priority dates will "retrogress". Unfortunately no one has a "crystal ball" or can read the future with such precision. We shall see what we shall see come October. In any event, you will not be able to be processed and obtain your immigrant visa without your priority date being current (and that's without counting the "administrative processing" for which Islamabad is famous for..)

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

4. There is no way to predict what will happen, and whether and how it will affect your particular circumstances, if at all. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney.

Angelique Montes, Esq., Immigration Attorney in Houston, Texas. 832-378-7781. This is not legal advice and a client-attorney relationship is not created. The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case. For a consultation call (832) 378-7781.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics