F2A October 2013

Asked 8 months ago - Houston, TX

What is the meaning of the last sentence? F2A: This category was made “Current” in an effort to generate new demand for the upcoming fiscal year. Information received during discussions with the National Visa Center and U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services indicates that this action is already having the intended result. Therefore, it is likely that a cut-off will be imposed for October. ---This cut-off is unlikely to have any negative impact on those who have already initiated action on their case prior to the announcement of the October cut-off dates.---

My priotity date is 3 Jan 2013, My I-130 approved on 30 July 2013, Submitted I-864 to NVC on 12 August 2013. My visa office is Islamabad, Does it mean that there will be no negative impact on my case? I case if there is, then do i need to wait till my visa is available again? Perhaps after a year?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

Answered . It will depend on what the cut-off day will be come October.

2. Shiv Kumar Kapoor

4

Answered . Right, in your case an October cut-off shouldn't impact you obtaining your immigrant visa.

3. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

5

Answered . There is no way to predict when that dreaded priority "cutoff" day is upon us in October how far back the priority dates will "retrogress". Unfortunately no one has a "crystal ball" or can read the future with such precision. We shall see what we shall see come October. In any event, you will not be able to be processed and obtain your immigrant visa without your priority date being current (and that's without counting the "administrative processing" for which Islamabad is famous for..)

4. Angelique Giselle Montes

3

Answered . There is no way to predict what will happen, and whether and how it will affect your particular circumstances, if at all. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney.