F2A interview at Manila USembassy

Chicago, IL |

What are the example interview questions during the interview in the US embassy? Our mother petitioned us. Our interview is on Dec. 26, 2012. What requirements should we bring? Is there any way that our IV can be Denied? I used to stay in the US before when my moms fiancee petitioned me but My mom had to re-petitioned me again so I had to go back to the Philippines and stay here while my bro, sis and I are being process for petitioning. We already had our Medical Examination and my bro had his Psych Evaluation there too, because they made him to come back for that but he is done with that. Now, I am worried if he could be denied for his VISA. He admitted trying Marijuana once back on 2009.. will this affect our VISA ? please enlighten me. Need your help. :((

1. There's a long list of laws about inadmissibility, most of which do not apply to the majority of immigrant visa applicants. The most common are: criminal convictions, health conditions such as TB, STDs, alcholism and a history of illegal drug usage, lying to immigration officers and living in the U.S. illegally. You have not provided sufficient information to know whether any would apply

It really depends on the facts of the case and the officer.

If you are concerned, you can talk to an attorney to get more insight

2. I agree with my colleague.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with Mr. Brinkmeier

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.