F2A for August 2013 is Current but Spouse I-130 approval is still pending at CSC (priority date 01 Feb 2013). What to do next?

Dallas, TX |

I am a LPR and have filed an F2A petition for my wife who is in India (priority date 01 Feb 2013). What are my next steps? How long does it take for Green Card stamping at US consulate in India?

You can't do much until your I-130 petition is approved.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: (English) (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Get the I-130 approved first. Hire an immigration attorney to help you Should have done that to begin with.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

You should talk with an attorney to file a status request on your behalf. If the case has been delayed beyond normal processing times, there is a process the attorney follows to get the case approved.

Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics

Recommended articles about Form I-130 (alien relative)