Skip to main content

F2A concurrent filing possible?

San Francisco, CA |

2 years ago, when I talked to a lawyer, he said for F2A I have to wait at least 3 years. (I am a green card mother, and my 16 daughter does not have status. She entered the US legally)
Now I understand F2A is open. So, can I file I-130 and I-485 for my daughter at the same time?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. Yes.

    Business Immigration Attorney. For H, L, J, EB5s, PERM and EB1/2/3 Petitions. Call 800-688-7892 or visit Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only and not to be construed as legal advice.

  2. In August you can do that.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

  3. No, because she is not in lawful status.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

  4. If you daughter doesn't have legal status then she cannot file an I-485. Best to consult an attorney asap.

    Also, consider becoming a US citizen.

    Avvo makes it clear to consumers that attorney answers to questions are for general purposes only and do not establish an attorney-client relationship. Please note further that any answer is based on a general question and other facts which are not disclosed may change the answer. The information provided is not legal advice but only intended to provide general information. Immigration law is complex and no one should make decisions without consulting a qualified attorney.

  5. No. To file the I-485, the person must be in valid non-immigrant status or must qualify for 245(i).

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics