F2 Visa interview questions.

Richmond, VA |

Can any one tell and explain me about what visa officer probably can ask in F2 visa interview. Also can you please give basic questions with answers.

Thank You

Questions to verify your relationship to the F-1 student and questions to verify that the F-1 student is maintaining status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Thank You. To verify our relationship visa officer will ask for wedding pics and cards etc. but if I do only court marriage then will that be a problem to get F2 ?

Questions about your relationship to F1 and your non-immigrant intent (i.e. your ties to your home country).

Law Office of Mary K. Neal | www.immigratechicago.com | info@rogersparklaw.com| 773-681-1335 This answer is intended as public information about a legal topic. Answers posted here do not create an attorney-client relationship. For specific legal advice, please make an appointment to speak with an attorney in private.

Thank You. How we can prove our ties to your home country (non-immigrant intent). Can we show them property of my parents and my wife's parents?

Mary Kathleen Neal

Mary Kathleen Neal

How to prove will depend on your circumstances, you should consult with an attorney in private for more specific advice.

Attorney Ferrari is correct ... they will verify your relationship ... and possibly re-verify that your spouse is still eligible for the F-1 ... via the SEVIS system.

FORMER IMMIGRATION LAW PROFESSOR -- LEGAL DISCLAIMER: This answer is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship.

Thank you. Can you please explain how about and possibly re-verify that your spouse is still eligible for the F-1 ... via the SEVIS system. what and how they are gonna verify it. Is it my F1 or my wife's F1?

F. J. Capriotti III

F. J. Capriotti III

You just re-asked your question 3 times. You are now confusing us ... do you both have F-1 visas? You mentioned originally that these were questions for an F-2 interview. Thus, they will ask the F-2 applicant about whether or not the F-1 still qualifies. If the F-2 applicant previously had an F-1, or any other visa, they will, of course, inquire into the applicant's visa history. Clear?

Sorry about posting same question 3 times, it's my browser acting weird today and posted it 3 times. Yes, that is clear and it is only me on F1 visa now and wife never had any kind of visa ever.