Skip to main content

F1 visa was revoked.

Chicago, IL |

I am an F1 student visa, i entered the US 8 months ago, and my original I 20 was only for 6 months, and then my school renewed the I 20 and sent me a new copy that was valid for 1 year, but when i entered the airport, i gave the officer the original one, and they stamped this one. And after finished my English course, I then transferred to another school, it is my first semester, and some days ago i was sent an email and informed from US embassy of my country that my visa was revoked. What can i do in the USA, can i solve my revoked visa, do you think it is related to my I 20 and misunderstanding about it? do you think can i reinstate an application, and try to hold my currently F1 visa again?

Best Regards,

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


The first line of inquiry is with your current DSO from your current school. They would have needed to issue a new I-20 and transfer you in SEVIS. Then your F-1 visa stamp may still be cancelled as it may contain the old school's information. You may have lawful status and just need to re-stamp the next time you depart.



Ok, Thank you so much.


Have you talked with your DSO? for more info

Neil I Fleischer (513) 977-4209 Note: Neil Fleischer is an attorney licensed in the State of Ohio The below answer is provided for informational use only. One should not act or refrain to act solely based on the information provided. No attorney/client relationship is created unless an Agreement is signed by the attorney and the client. Best regards, Neil Neil I Fleischer The Fleischer Law Firm, LLC 917 Main Street Cincinnati, Ohio 45202-1314 Direct telephone: 513 977 4209 Enjoy our Blog at



Yes, I talked with my DSO, but they said you will find information about your problem then we will email to the embassy, then see what can we do, and i visited them today, but they are in conference in some states, they will come back on wednesday. Do you think can i apply for reinstatement in the USA that is related to Department of Homelant Security? can they reply me?


Inquire for possible mistakes with the school DSO. Additionally, prepare a new I-20 for SEVIS submission to review the cancellation, if the new I-20 will remedy that.
For any additional inquiries see an immigration attorney in person.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer