F1 visa student , out of status 2 months, got married to girlfriend ( USC )

Santa Ana, CA |

i am a f1 visa student whose status has been out of status for 2 months. i got married to my girlfriend who is a USC. we are applying for GC and i am going to have a biometric appointment next week. i intend to do the reinstatement , in case my GC interview is fail so i still have my f1 visa to stay in the US to finish my study,
my question is that, if i do the reinstatement, will it affect my GC application? because reinstatement will giant f1 status and GC application will adjust my status to US resident. will they conflict ?.
thank so much

1. You cannot do both. Concentrate on the green card.

2. forget the reinstatement to student status. you no longer have that intention as you can now file for adjustment of status to conditional resident. the reinstatement to student status will be denied because of your application for the gc. go up rosemary esparza in los angels for the best immigration on the west coast.

The advice that I give in each answer or legal is not intended to take the place of an in person consultation. A complete answer takes an in depth interview. After all, it is a life that is at stake. If you are in another city that I do not service ask me and I might be able to recommend you an attorney there. In general, in Houston, I recommend Adan Vega or Bruce Coane, Specialists. In Dallas I recommend Richard Fernandez or Yong Wood highly skilled and experienced.

3. You will not qualify for an F-1 if there is pending I-130/I-485 (petition for a relative and adjustment of status application). Forget about the F-1. Finalize your adjustment of status instead.

Mr. Murray's response is NOT legal advice and does NOT create an attorney-client relationship. You should NOT rely on this response. Mr. Murray's response was generated without conducting a full inquiry as would occur during a face to face attorney-client consultation. It is likely that the response above may be made less accurate, or become entirely inaccurate, as you, i.e. the questioner, disclose additional facts that should only be discussed during a private consultation with an attorney. I strongly recommend that you consult an attorney who is licensed to practice law in your state, whereupon all relevant facts will be discussed. All responses posted by Mr. Murray on Avvo.com are intended as general information for the education of the public, and not for any specific individual.

4. I agree with my collegues. Continuing the student visa route will cause problems for you in the long run. I recommend you consult an attorney, especially to prepare you for the interview questions.