F1 visa student , out of status 2 months, got married to girlfriend ( USC )

Asked almost 2 years ago - Santa Ana, CA

i am a f1 visa student whose status has been out of status for 2 months. i got married to my girlfriend who is a USC. we are applying for GC and i am going to have a biometric appointment next week. i intend to do the reinstatement , in case my GC interview is fail so i still have my f1 visa to stay in the US to finish my study,
my question is that, if i do the reinstatement, will it affect my GC application? because reinstatement will giant f1 status and GC application will adjust my status to US resident. will they conflict ?.
thank so much

1. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

Pro

1

1

Answered . You cannot do both. Concentrate on the green card.

2. Dean P Murray

2

Answered . You will not qualify for an F-1 if there is pending I-130/I-485 (petition for a relative and adjustment of status application). Forget about the F-1. Finalize your adjustment of status instead.

3. Belen Teresa Gomez

Answered . I agree with my collegues. Continuing the student visa route will cause problems for you in the long run. I recommend you consult an attorney, especially to prepare you for the interview questions.

4. Thomas Esparza Jr.

Pro

Answered . forget the reinstatement to student status. you no longer have that intention as you can now file for adjustment of status to conditional resident. the reinstatement to student status will be denied because of your application for the gc. go up rosemary esparza in los angels for the best immigration on the west coast.