F1 visa quiets school what should I do to be in a legal status after getting married from US citizen ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Dayton, OH

I am a Saudi student I have scholarship from my government to study in the united state I hold F1 visa . I have been living with my American girlfriend since 2010 until now, but I couldn't marry her because my government will cancel my scholarship. I quit school last week in order to marry my girlfriend , I am planing to get job after I get married and continue my studies but I am worry about my f1 visa status and I don't know what should I do to be in the safe side with the immigration department

I didn't inform my school that I quit I just stopped attending class since last week .How long it usually takes to affect my F1 visa status after quitting school ? Also how long it takes to get the green card after marriage if I eligible to get it?

1. Philip Alan Eichorn

3

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are married to a U.S. citizen and last entered using a visa, then you are likely eligible to get your green card by filing an adjustment of status application with USCIS (along with all other required forms). Seek counsel to represent you and she as your status is critical for your family unity.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

Answered . If you are married to a United States citizen and she files a petition for you and you obtain permanent resident Status you will not need the F status. Since you quit school you may Already have giving up your status

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Apply for adjustment of status with the i-130 petition filed by your spouse for you.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

4. Andrew Marino Bramante

1

Answered . Marry her and hire an experienced attorney to help you apply for lawful permanent residence. If you do it right, the unlawful presence now does not matter.

From my HTC Sensation 4G on T-Mobile. The first nationwide 4G network

----- Reply message -----

5. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

1

Answered . After marriage your wife can file a Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative, and concurrently, you will need to apply for permanent residence on Form I-485..

Avvo instant logo@2x

Need an answer to your questions within 15 minutes?

• 30-minute phone call
  • Ask any questions
  • $99 flat fee
  • Money-back guarantee
Talk to an attorney now