F1 visa expires on july 5th 2013 will it be a problem if i travel outside US from may 10 to june 20th 2013

Asked over 1 year ago - Dallas, TX

Im in status and have a valid i20 reason i want to go is i need surgery and it is cheaper in my country than here.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

6

Answered . Tough choice. If you leave, you risk having problems being readmitted, and if so being readmitted only for a few days, until July 5th.

2. F. J. Capriotti III

4

1

Answered . Technically it will be possible to return w/ 15 days left on the visa.

But, consider this ... what if there are problems/complications with the surgery that require you to spend more time in recovery and, therefore, are unable to fly?

Consider getting a new visa stamp while back home ... talk to your foreign student adviser.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.