F1 to H1B - Can i got for stamping in Canada

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

1) 2008 to 2012 - Did study in USA on F1B
2)2013 my company filled H1B for me.
3)
Now i am thinking to go canda and get stamping .....can i go?

1. Anu Gupta

Pro

4

2

Answered . Hi there- check with the consulate first. They keep changing the rules. Last I heard, consulates in Canada were only stamping H1s is you had a previously stamped H1, else you had to go to your home country. If they are still following this, you can easily find out before you go there and get stuck.

2. Jeffrey Adam Devore

4

Answered . Generally speaking, assuming you are otherwise admissible to Canada (i.e. have a proper visa if one is required) then yes. Keep in mind, however, that if for some reason the visa is refused you will not be allowed back into the U.S. and will have to consular process in your home country. Consult with an experienced immigration attorney for advice specific to your situation.

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . If the Embassy/Consulate is willing to process the application, then yes. However, there is no guarantee that a visa will be issued.