F1 student falling out of status, what do i need to do to stay in the US while i can't provide the financing amount asked ??

Raleigh, NC |

I am an F1 visa holder, i go to school here, this my last year in my two year college. I was suppose to graduate in next december, but in 2012 I lost my mother, a very bad tragedie happened in my country and my parent lost everything. I applied for a work permit card and I got accepted to it, i received it and i am working now. However, I lost focus in school in 2012 because of all the situations and i am in accademic suspention now, i am not in school and the school is asking to show again a certain amount of financing support that i cannot provide due to what happened to my parent in 2012. WHat can I do to remain in the US ? and maybe keep going to school and finish my education.?? Please I really need help.

You may wish to meet with an immigration attorney in person. The best option is to re-enroll in school if you can find the financial support you need.

The answer provided here is general in nature and does not take into account other factors that may need to be reviewed for a more precise answer. You should consult with an immigration attorney before taking any action. The answer here is not intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with the previous response and add that you consider consulting with an experienced immigration attorney so you can understand all of your options.

The comments made on this site by Brenman Law Firm, PLLC of Chapel Hill, North Carolina are not legal advice. This information is provided as a public service and is intended as general guidance only. We require an initial consultation and a signed retainer agreement before we represent our clients.

Unfortunately, there's no simple solution to your problem. Looks like you will need to show financial capacity in order to reenroll. Maybe you can ask a relative/friend to support you financially. If you can show financial support, you might be able work outside school by showing an economic necessity. Please talk to an experience immigration attorney.

The best answer is that this is not a simple situation and it will require careful consideration of all the facts before issuing advice. It's best to discuss this issue one-on-one with an attorney.

Education law topics