F1 LLC establishment

Asked about 1 year ago - Pierre, SD

Sorry to bother you again. If I can not work for my business that I plan to establish, Can I at least establish the business and have someone else work for it ?

If yes, Is it ok to sign the documents thats require to establish the business ? Its going to be a partnership firm and both of us are on F1 visa just that one is on OPT and I am still studying.

If we can sign the documents for the establishment of LLC but do not work at all, can we atleast share profits and pay taxes ?

I am planning to establish business in South dakota as it does not require physical franchise or a lot of expenses.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

2

1

Answered . Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . Yes, but you cannot work whether paid or unpaid.
    Yes, provided you are a silent partner.
    Yes

3. F. J. Capriotti III

Answered . Establish & not work? Yes.
    Sign papers? Yes
    Split the profits????? BE CAREFUL ... unlike my colleagues, I am only going to give you a 'qualified maybe'.
    SD is a nice state.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT: I think that this entire concept is pushing the limit and is a great idea for you to consider ... AFTER you graduate. Why not focus on your studies and get fantastic grades? That way you'll have a better shot at a employment-based greencard.