F1 LLC establishment

Pierre, SD |

Sorry to bother you again. If I can not work for my business that I plan to establish, Can I at least establish the business and have someone else work for it ?

If yes, Is it ok to sign the documents thats require to establish the business ? Its going to be a partnership firm and both of us are on F1 visa just that one is on OPT and I am still studying.

If we can sign the documents for the establishment of LLC but do not work at all, can we atleast share profits and pay taxes ?

I am planning to establish business in South dakota as it does not require physical franchise or a lot of expenses.

1. Yes.
    Yes.
    Yes.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. Yes, but you cannot work whether paid or unpaid.
    Yes, provided you are a silent partner.
    Yes

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. Establish & not work? Yes.
    Sign papers? Yes
    Split the profits????? BE CAREFUL ... unlike my colleagues, I am only going to give you a 'qualified maybe'.
    SD is a nice state.

ADDITIONAL COMMENT: I think that this entire concept is pushing the limit and is a great idea for you to consider ... AFTER you graduate. Why not focus on your studies and get fantastic grades? That way you'll have a better shot at a employment-based greencard.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.