F1 applying for green card, Can i quit school?

Washington, DC |

Im currently student with f1 visa and valid i-20. I entered usa legally and have been in language school for 2 years. I married a US citizen recently and have file for green card and just completed my biometric appointment. Do i need to continue going to the language school under the f1 visa or has my status changed and i am since i applied for the green card? Am i covered under the filing of the green card or must i keep like i have a f1 visa?

I think this not an immigration but very personal question . Do you need to continue with your language school? How would we know here on AVVO your level of English and whether you still need a language school?

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

For immigration purposes, you do not need to continue your F1. You should use an experienced lawyer to help you with your greencard application. F1 language school to marriage to I-130 will get more than the usual skepticism about the validity of the marriage. If you do not use an attorney to help you prepare documentation and for your interview, you may pay a lot more later recovering from a denial.

Andrew M. Bramante, Rosner Partners, 216-771-5588. Free telephone consultation. You should always consult with an experienced immigration attorney to make certain that the advice you received is appropriate for your particular immigration case.

It is always best to maintain status.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

Recommended articles about Immigration