Skip to main content

F-1 to F-2 conversion.

Houston, TX |

hi, I am an F-1 student and completed my study 20 days back and im in my 60 day grace period.My wife is on F-1 visa and i now want to change to F-2 questions are 1. Do i have to be currently enrolled in study to apply for change of visa? ( im done with my study on 02/05/2011 ) i have to maintain my valid F-1 visa pending USCIS approval? i have the choice of maintaining the f-1 visa pending approval so that if they deny me of change of status so that i can stay in US on my original f-1 visa?

Attorney Answers 1


You can apply for a change of status to F-2 since you are still in the 60-day grace period. You don't have to return to school, but you should not violate your F-1 statuus.

Mark as helpful

8 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics