F-1 Student went back home want to come back to the US on B2

Asked 9 months ago - Houston, TX

Came to the US in 2001 on F-1. Visa expired in 2006 but continued in school with upto date I-20. Went to my home country while school was in session in 2012. Tried to come back on B2 denied. My family is still there. What option are there to come back?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Giacomo Jacques Behar


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Marry a USC and then have him or her sponsor you for a green card. That's your only option under your facts and circumstances. Your chance of ever obtaining any other types of visas are less than zero otherwise.

    Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that... more
  2. F. J. Capriotti III

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . Your family is 'still' where? In the US? If so, the government probably had good reason to deny your B.

    You should talk to an attorney and the school's foreign student adviser ... many of us use Skype for this.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It... more
  3. Brian Glenn Becker

    Contributor Level 9

    Answered . If you were deported upon intending to enter with your B-2, then you cannot return for 5 years. You should consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney to see what options may be available to you.

  4. Hasan Abdullah

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . I assume you mean the B2 was denied. You can apply again, and I recommend providing proper evidence to show ties to your home country. This free guide can help: http://westimmigration.com/b2-visa-do-it-yourse...

    Hasan Abdullah is an attorney licensed in the State of Illinois. The answer provided is informational use only.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,737 answers this week

3,052 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,737 answers this week

3,052 attorneys answering