F-1 student planning on marrying her fiance coming to visit

Asked almost 2 years ago - Jersey City, NJ

Hi,
I am currently working on my OPT period and have just completed my masters. My fiance is planning on visiting me in January.

My question is whether the two of us can get legally married here in USA and then use that marriage certificate for her to apply for her F-2 visa once she goes back after her visit.

Thanks.

1. Giacomo Jacques Behar

Pro

4

1

Answered . Yes, and yes. The town hall of the city you live in will be happy to grant you a marriage license and marry you.

Your wife will then be able to go back and apply for an F-2 visa as your "spouse/dependent" and get admitted back in that status.. (Just make sure she doesn't get too bored while you attend classes..)

2. Yolanda Navarrete

2

Answered . I agree with Mr. Behar.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . I, too, agree.