Skip to main content

F-1 student with opt since February I just got married this June. Do I have to file form 1-765 again?

Lawrenceville, GA |
Filed under: Green cards

Hi, I am a f-1 student and already have my opt since February 2013. I just got married this month June 2013. I am applying for my green card. Do I still need have to file form 1-765 since I already have mine from OPT Ead card apllication ? Thanks.

Attorney Answers 3


I would. There is no additional filing fee for this if you are submitting with the 485. Why not.

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


you will have a different category.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Call (212)880-1538 for detailed evaluation of your case. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore, You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. Visit us at WWW.USIMMIGRATIONPLUS.COM Contact Immigration Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree


Yes, file a new one ... at no extra cost.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

Mark as helpful

6 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics