F-1 student, married to a citizen and needing information for filling.

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverdale, MD

Hello, I'm an f-1 student married to a USC. We are getting ready fill out our paperwork and I needed to know all the necessary forms needed. I know we need the I-130 and I-485 but what I don't know is that because I've been out of status for about 2 years now do I need to fill out the I-485a with the 1000 filling fee?

1. Michael Hugh Carlin

4

Answered . No. Your answer suggests that you are unclear on the purpose of Form I-485A. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney, in order to have the best chance of success, and to avoid making a mistake that could lead to serious negative consequences.

2. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . No

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Cindy Medina

3

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney.