F-1 student, married to a citizen and needing information for filling.

Asked over 1 year ago - Riverdale, MD

Hello, I'm an f-1 student married to a USC. We are getting ready fill out our paperwork and I needed to know all the necessary forms needed. I know we need the I-130 and I-485 but what I don't know is that because I've been out of status for about 2 years now do I need to fill out the I-485a with the 1000 filling fee?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No. Your answer suggests that you are unclear on the purpose of Form I-485A. I suggest that you consult with an immigration attorney, in order to have the best chance of success, and to avoid making a mistake that could lead to serious negative consequences.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  2. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . No

    You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  3. Cindy Medina

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    MEDINA LAW GROUP PC: EXPERIENCED TEXAS IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS. email: cindy@medinalg.com; Phone: (210) 821-4500;... more
  4. J. Thomas Smith Ph.D.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. Consult with an experienced Immigration Attorney.

    Law Offices of J Thomas Smith J.D., Ph.D 11500 Northwest Freeway, Suite 280 Houston, TX 77092 713-LAWYER-2 www.... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Adjustment of status

When a person in the United States changes his or her immigration status to permanent resident, this is called "adjustment of status."

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,278 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,278 answers this week

2,978 attorneys answering