F-1 student & Self-employed during OPT

Lawrenceville, GA |

I'm graduating this December with a Bachelor degree in Business Management. Can I use OPT to self-employed with a wedding studio, which I want to do once I come back home? My study focuses on entrepreneurship which I think is relevant to my plan of studio business. Doing photography freelance business includes many aspects I've learned at school, and I hope experiencing running a business here will help me to do it better for the real time.
I also know the legal side is much important. Please advise.
Thank you.

1. You would need to ask your DSO. Your work must relate to your major, and it is the DSO that determines that for purposes of SEVIS.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

2. I agree with Counsel Ferrari to seek further clarification with the DSO.

DISCLAIMER The answer given above by the lawyer serves for educational purposes only and provides general information and a basic understanding of the applicable law. Take notice that the answer above does not create an attorney-client relationship as this website is not intended to provide anyone a specific legal advice. Anyone using the site expressly consents that there is no attorney client privilege between any person and any attorney responding. Further take notice that the site should not be used as a crude substitute for any professional and competent legal advice by a licensed professional attorney in the applicable jurisdiction. The attorney above attempted to provide competent professional information, however, the law and its applications may change frequently and vary greatly from other U.S. jurisdictions and locales. Therefore, any information and materials provided above are general in nature, and may not apply to specific factual and legal circumstances related to one’s personal legal issues. Contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer admitted to practice in your State under an attorney-client privilege to further receive a competent legal advice before making any important decisions about your particular legal issue. For further inquiries please contact: Attorney Alexander Ivakhnenko 1021 West Adams, 102, Chicago, Illinois 60607 773-562-8602 http://alexanderivakhnenko.com

3. Please talk to your DSO. It may be possible.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. Please talk to your DSO. It may be possible.

5. Please talk to your DSO. It may be possible.