F-1 issue for Date of Last Entry in I-94 vs. MOST RECENT date of last entry

Austin, TX |

I'm an F-1 filling for green card under marriage.
We lived in the border region and recently moved to another city inner the United States. My last I-94 is from August but the last time I cross the border and entry the country was in September. In September I entry as STUDENT (I commute often) but they did not change my I-94 nor stamped my passport.

Which is my MOST RECENT date of last entry?

That date in September when you last entered, irregardless of whether "stamped" or not.

One's passport is rarely "stamped" when reentering from either Mexico or Canada, as one is simply being readmitted on his/her valid visa & I-94, under the contiguous territory (neighboring country) "automatic revalidation" doctrine.

Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Your most recent entry is the September entry.

Abraham B. Cardenas, Esquire Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. Florida Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, LLC 8150 SW 8th Street, Suite 122 Miami, Florida 33144 (786) 347-1605 Pennsylvania Office Address: Cardenas Law Firm, P.C. 18 S George Street, Suite 615 York, PA 17401 (717) 854-6400 Office Phone (866) 353-5570 Fax Number www.CardenasLawFirm.com (English) www.ConsultoriaJuridica.com (Spanish) The posting on this web site for viewing by potential clients or others interested in learning about legal topics does not create an attorney-client relationship. The fact that an attorney may informally answer general E-Mail questions does not create an attorney-client relationship. Attorney Abraham B. Cardenas is licensed to practice only in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and practices immigration law throughout the United States. This web post is for informational purposes only. An attorney-client relationship is formed only after the potential client meets with an attorney AND has paid the appropriate retainer fee.

September

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.