Extortion? I was a 1099 employee under contract. There was a non compete clause in the contract.

Tampa, FL |

I resigned January 11, 2013. My prior regional managers attorney sent my attorney a letter on April 1, 2013 asking me for materials back(I have none) and in the email the attorney from Florida stated "I am doing all I can to keep my client from going to the authorities". I wrote back to my attorney and told him I have nothing from the pharmacy in my possession to send back.
She also requested that I send her $71.25 for a Rx that was written for a doctor's personal use in September of 2012. The invoice said the Rx was shipped to and billed to my old regional. The pharmacy always waived co pays on doctors personal creams. I was never aware of the Rx. I do not know if the doctor ever received it. I wrote my attorney back and said I would not pay one dime,

1. If you have a lawyer any answer here will fall short of what your current attorney can provide.

NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of Virginia and the US Federal Courts in Virginia. There is no implied or actual attorney-client relationship arising from this education exchange. You should speak with an attorney licensed in your state, to whom you have provided all the facts before you take steps that may impact your legal rights. Mr. Rafter is under no obligation to answer subsequent emails or phone calls related to this matter.