Extension of time for fiancée visa

Asked over 1 year ago - Rockford, IL

LUSCIOUS has set approval date for my fiancée visa from Dec 04 2012 to April 06 2013 . My fiancée case is at Islamabad consulate . However her interview for visa granting has been not set so far . Her interview might be scheduled after the Approval date set by LUSCIOUS . What I know that if ones visa process is not completed by the set date of LUSCIOUS and case is at consulate , one need to ask for grace period IE . ask extension of date from consulate . Is it correct that I will ask from the consulate to extend date . If I need to apply for such extension , is there any specific form to fill or can send request letter .

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Send a letter to CIS requesting to extend the I-129F approval period.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more
  2. Mary Carmen Remigio Madrid-Crost


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There is no specific form to request for such an extension.

    Madrid Crost Law Group - (888) 466-4478; e-mail: mc@madridcrost.com; skype: usvisalaw 10 S. La Salle Street,... more
One or more answers have been taken down.

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

US visas

There are many types of immigrant and non-immigrant visas, including work visas, student visas, and marriage visas.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,646 answers this week

3,364 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,646 answers this week

3,364 attorneys answering