Extension for dui, and warrant in another court house

Valencia, CA |

i need to get an extension to finish my classes for my dui, but i have a warrant out in a different court house, if i ask for an extension can they see that i have a warrant? or does it only show at the court house i was suppose to show up on

Hire an attorney. The attorney can get the extension for you without you appearing. Then there wouldn't be a concern. In fact, have the attorney take care of the warrant at the same time.

The response above is not intended as legal advice since it’s impracticable to provide thorough, accurate advice based upon the query without additional details. It is highly recommended that one should seek advice from a criminal defense attorney licensed in your jurisdiction by setting up a confidential meeting. Moreover, this response does not constitute the creation of an attorney-client relationship since this message is not a confidential communication because it was posted on a public website, thereby publicly disclosing the information, which is another reason to setup a confidential meeting with an attorney.

this doesnt answer my question im sorry

Michael Kevin Cernyar

Michael Kevin Cernyar

The system is state wide so yes it's available to all court houses. I can't predict your future, but if you are concerned about being remanded it is very likely.

It depends on the court and if they run your record . Need more information. See if you can have the warrant recalled by and attorney in the other court prior to you appearing to get your extension. Also have an attorney appear to get your extension. generally personal presence is not necessary for extensions.

the warrant is in los angeles, but i have to see the clerk in valencia to put my name on calendar so i can ask the judge for the extension, if i ask the clerk will my warrant show up? or will it not since its in a different court house. btw its an infraction ticket

Unless they run another check (which the tend to do) no. It's better to have an attorney get you the extension so that you don't go into court. Also, it's a good idea to take care of your other warrant as well.

Elliot Zarabi
www.TipsyLaw.com
213-612-7720

Elliot Zarabi www.FreeCriminalConsultation.com 213-612-7720 This answer does not constitute full legal advise. I do not know the full details of the case and therefore cannot make a full determination on your case or your answer. I always recommend speaking to an attorney in detail regarding your case.

You simply go to court and ask for an extension if you cannot get the class to give you the certificate early - If the warrant shows up, it shows up - alternatively, if it doesn't show up, you don't have to deal with it that day - clear up the DUI class first - then go to the other courthouse and add the warrant to the court calendar - good luck and use an attorney from http://california-dui-laywers.org !