Extension for dui, and warrant in another court house

Asked over 1 year ago - Valencia, CA

i need to get an extension to finish my classes for my dui, but i have a warrant out in a different court house, if i ask for an extension can they see that i have a warrant? or does it only show at the court house i was suppose to show up on

1. Michael Jon Fremont

Pro

6

Answered . It depends on the court and if they run your record . Need more information. See if you can have the warrant recalled by and attorney in the other court prior to you appearing to get your extension. Also have an attorney appear to get your extension. generally personal presence is not necessary for extensions.

2. Michael Kevin Cernyar

Pro

5

Answered . Hire an attorney. The attorney can get the extension for you without you appearing. Then there wouldn't be a concern. In fact, have the attorney take care of the warrant at the same time.

3. Elliot Rahmim Zarabi

Pro

5

Answered . Unless they run another check (which the tend to do) no. It's better to have an attorney get you the extension so that you don't go into court. Also, it's a good idea to take care of your other warrant as well.

Elliot Zarabi
    www.TipsyLaw.com
    213-612-7720

4. Joshua Matthew Dale

2

Answered . You simply go to court and ask for an extension if you cannot get the class to give you the certificate early - If the warrant shows up, it shows up - alternatively, if it doesn't show up, you don't have to deal with it that day - clear up the DUI class first - then go to the other courthouse and add the warrant to the court calendar - good luck and use an attorney from http://california-dui-laywers.org !