Skip to main content

Extend I-94 of dependent (L2 visa) as per I 94 expiry of L1 visa holder.

Cincinnati, OH |

My visa status is L1B visa. My visa expiry date is Sep 26 2013. My I94 expiry date is Nov 16 2013. My spouse is on L2 visa Spouse’s visa expiry date is Sep 26 2013. Spouse’s I94 expiry date is Sep 26 2013.
As per my understanding, L1B visa extension can be applied maximum of 6 months before I94 expiry. In my case extension can be applied only after May 16 2013. As my spouse i94 expires on Sep 26 2013 (same as visa expiry date).
Is there way to get spouse I-94 extended

Thank you for reading the question. Your response will be appreciated.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4


YOu may apply for an extension for your spouse. She may be extended for th the amount of time your status is authorized (she must have a valid passport). Or you can wait to you submit your extension and extend her at that time or she can travel outside the uS and have a new date grated when she returns.



Of course. She files for an extension.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.


File both requests together. What is you problem? Ask your employer's attorney to handle it.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS; email:; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.


I see you ave a strategic choice to make whether file two or one L2 extension. Hopefully person who helps you with L1 extension will be able to advise you on this also. Best Wishes!
Lalita Haran
Attorney: Immigration Law
13295 Illinois St Ste 128
Carmel IN 46032
Ph: (317) 660-6174

Contact (317) 660-6174 for specific legal advice. Answers here are not legal advice because they are of general nature and not tailored to your specific situation. You should not act on this answer without checking with an Immigration Attorney.

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer