Expunging a 4th degree Disorderly Conduct?

Garfield Heights, OH |

I was 19 waiting at a party. A girl offered me a sip of her cup, I took just a small sip, when I realized it was beer. The police came in and gave everyone an underage drinking citation. I offered to take a breathalyzer, the officer told me "too bad your guilty". All 14 of us appeared in court at the same time.After the judge heard everyone state they asked for a breathalyzer, we had to leave the courtroom.
My attorney came out and told me the prosecutor was willing to drop my citation to 4th degree Disorderly Conduct. I did taste beer, so I wasn't innocent but I was preparing to go out of state to start college and wanted this done. After the attorney explained everything, it seemed better to plead guilty, pay the fine and the get the record expunged.
Is it worthwhile?

1. Yes you can expunge this one year after your conviction date.

Noah Munyer
    330-929-2027

The responses of Attorney Noah Munyer to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Munyer is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Munyer is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

2. As long as you have a clean record otherwise you are eligible for expungement. Check the court where your case was heard's website to see if they have a form application for expungement. If not I would suggest hiring an attorney to assist you. Good luck.

Attorney Chris Beck
    Beck Law Office, L.L.C.
    1370 North Fairfield Road
    Suite C
    Beavercreek, Ohio 45432
    (937)426-4000 phone
    attycbeck@gmail.com
    www.becklawofficellc.com

The responses of Attorney Chris Beck to any questions posed on Avvo do NOT establish an Attorney-client relationship. Attorney Beck is available for private hire and consultation for a fee. Only after Attorney Beck is retained as counsel, or agrees to discuss this matter with you privately, shall he be legally deemed to be your Attorney. His responses herein are an attempt to assist persons temporarily based upon the very extremely limited amount of information provided by the questioner

3. It is worthwhile to have get the record expunged.