Skip to main content

Expungement in new york for a misdemeanor

Winter Haven, FL |

in 1997, age 19, i sustained a misdemeanor for petit larceny.

it is now 14 years later. i live in florida and have been unemployed for the past two years.

i have not secured a certificate of disability from new york. Why?? employers down here
do not know what this is about, and secondly, even if i did receive this disability, i would still have to divulge my past.

with the job prospects down here very poor, is there any hope out there for me?

any chance of a pardon?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


There is a way to seal/expunge criminal records in New York. It would require the help of a New York attorney who practices criminal law. If you contact my office I may be able to refer you to a qualified atorney depending on where the crime was commmitted.
Declan Mansfield
Bianco+Mansfield, P.A.
8300 Massachusetts Ave.
New Port Richey, Fl.


Yes, contact a New York attorney for help in this matter or a Florida attorney who is also able to practice law in NY>

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer