Expunged a record one had not been convicted of offense in the 5 years PRIOR to conviction sough.

La Grange, KY |

2 violation is a year. 5 years since the last one. Prior to 1st or to last one? If this can be done at all?

1. You need to consult with a criminal defense attorney in your area to see if you qualify at all for expungement under KY law. www.kacdl.net

Go online to Kentucky Revised Statutes (KRS) and look up the 2 statutes: KRS 431.076 and KRS 431.078.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

2. Mr. Mascagni is correct. You should contact a criminal defense attorney in your area. This is the type of situation in an expungement, that an attorney may be able to finesse, so that both charges are expunged. Technically, they like to see a 5yr window on either side of both convictions; however it may be easier to have the most recent conviction expunged and then go back and have the earliest conviction expunged. Good luck!

The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. The information provided does not form an attorney-client relationship, and should not be relied upon to take or refrain from taking any action.