Explain what the insanity defense is and how it can successfully be used as a defense. Explain the insanity tests (M’Naghten

Jacksonville, FL |

Explain what the insanity defense is and how it can successfully be used as a defense. Explain the insanity tests (M’Naghten Rule, ALI, Irresistible Impulse Test)

1. Might I suggest a google search?

This response is for general purposes only and does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You should contact an attorney to fully discuss your issues.

2. I don't mean to be rude - but hers a little reality check for you. This is not a law school discussion board. It is a forum for folks to seek generic legal advise. I will not presume to speak for my colleagues (although I suspect that 99.8% of them agree with me on this) but I am happy to provide advise as I can, which is usually helpful in general terms and which usually points folks in the proper direction in regard to custom tailored advise, In your case I agree with my esteemed colleague and direct you to Mr. Google.

First, second and third: No attorney-client relationship exists by virtue of any Q&A with Michael A. Haber, Esq. on Avvo. Fourth: Anything that you post on Avvo (or on similar sites) or on any social media is by its nature public. It is essentially an admission / confession and can be introduced into evidence as a statement against your interest in a subsequent legal proceeding. Once posted you lose any reasonable expectation of privacy, so, as this is an open forum (with no privilege attached), please be extra careful when considering what to post online (forewarned is forearmed.)

3. This forum is great for short concise answers to basic legal questions. We can not provide a short answer to your question. Cornell University has a great resource that you can use. I have provided the link below.

Please be advised that answering your questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship with myself or the Umansky Law Firm, P.A. Please also know that anything that you post on Avvo or on any public forum site is open to the public and therefore can be obtained by the Government to use against you at a trial or a hearing. Be careful what you post publicly online! Please know that most of the lawyers on AVVO are taking their time to answer questions for free, so please mark answers helpful if the lawyer helped you!

4. I can tell you that insanity will NOT be a viable defense for a law student trying to wing an assignment by posting a question to a legal Q&A forum.

Violent crime topics