Expiry of EAD on L2 visa

Kalamazoo, MI |

Q1: My husband has an L1 visa expiry on Jan 2014 but his I-94 expires on April 2016. I am coming to US on L2 (VISA expiry same as my husband), and am planning to apply for an EAD, which I will likely receive in Aug-Sept 2013. Will the expiry of this first time EAD be the same as my husband's L1, or will it be same as my husband's I-94?

Q2: In case my EAD is due to expire with the L1/L2 expiry in Jan 2014, does his L1 VISA (and my L2 VISA) need to be renewed first in order to renew my EAD? Or, can my EAD be renewed in Oct-Nov 2013, without renewing the VISAs (going out of the US), based on our I-94 expiry date?

1. Hello there- I think you posted this exact question before. I would recommend reviewing the answers to that posting.

800-688-7892, www.ImmigrationDesk.com. Law Office of Anu Gupta. The advice suggested here is for general information only. It is not to be construed as legal advice. We promise to zealously represent you - but as with any legal matter, we cannot predict the approval of your case based on our past successes. Each case is different. If you are in a similar situation, we would recommend that you contact us to discuss your case.

2. 1. Same expiration date as husband's. I-94.

2. See my answer 1 above.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

3. I agree with Mr. Behar ... your expiration will be tied to his expiration ... thus, renewal/extensions will be necessary.

Always file for an EAD extension at-least 100 days before it expires. Thus, you should file for visa/I-94 extensions 180 days before expiration.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

4. You should speak with an attorney. The attorneys here have given you legal advice but you should not rely on any advice that is not based on a careful review of the facts and law.

The answer above is only general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known and detailed research has not been undertaken. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers require an investigation into all facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. Use these answers at your own risk.