Expired work authorization

My work authorization card expired month ago, I applied for a renewal, received a receipt but my current employer can't accept it. I know I have to apply for renewal 90 days before my current one expires, but I moved and the date of hearing have been changed less than a month before my EAD was expired. So my question: Is there any solution for my case? I can't work, nobody accept my receipt, I'm in TX and they are very strict abut this stuff.

Houston, TX -

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

A receipt for an EAD is not proof of work authorization. You need to have the actual EAD in order to work.

Stephen D. Berman

Stephen D. Berman

Immigration Attorney - Chicago, IL

Not really, you are authorized to work until the application is approved.

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Immigration Attorney - Pasadena, CA

The receipt for the EAD extension is not proof of authorization to work, with limited exceptions.

Samira Recob

Samira Recob

Immigration Attorney - Denver, CO

I concur with my fellow colleagues! You cannot legally work until the EAD is approved.

Rochelle Inger

Rochelle Inger

Immigration Attorney - Suffern, NY

Make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office. You may be able to get an interim card.