Expired work authorization

Asked about 1 year ago - Houston, TX

My work authorization card expired month ago, I applied for a renewal, received a receipt but my current employer can't accept it. I know I have to apply for renewal 90 days before my current one expires, but I moved and the date of hearing have been changed less than a month before my EAD was expired. So my question: Is there any solution for my case? I can't work, nobody accept my receipt, I'm in TX and they are very strict abut this stuff.

1. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . A receipt for an EAD is not proof of work authorization. You need to have the actual EAD in order to work.

2. Stephen D. Berman

1

Answered . Not really, you are authorized to work until the application is approved.

3. Daniel Patrick Hanlon

Pro

1

Answered . The receipt for the EAD extension is not proof of authorization to work, with limited exceptions.

4. Samira Recob

1

Answered . I concur with my fellow colleagues! You cannot legally work until the EAD is approved.

5. Rochelle Inger

1

Answered . Make an infopass appointment at your local USCIS office. You may be able to get an interim card.