Expert and experienced advise needed for immigration.

New York, NY |

My question is, is it possible to do any business on L1 visa? If we do other business than the nature of business is it possible or it will be against the law. As L1 is a intra company transfer and i want to send my manager on L1 but i wont be doing only the current business as i am thinking to expand my business in different field too.

Each answer matters alot.

Thanks

1. It is OK for businesses to expand into different markets and fields, but you will have to show why this employee is qualified to do this for your business.

This answer is not to be construed as legal advice. For a free telephone consultation, contact us now at: info@moralespllc.com (512) 215-5235 Austin, (214) 377-4822 Dallas, (713) 242-1783 Houston, (210) 957-8845 San Antonio Please dial extension 500

2. On L-1, you can only work for the L-1 employer.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.