Experience Letter required for I-140 application.

Jersey City, NJ |

My PERM got recently approved. As per I-140 checklist, it is required to have experience letter from previous employer. However, my previous employer is denying to provide the experience letter, which I am requesting for I-140 filing - EB2 as they no longer provide it to any employee whether former or current. Is there any other alternative for experience letter I can use for I-140 filing. After repeated email requests and phone calls for experience letter, my ex-employer is not willing to provide it. But I do have all the pay stubs and W2 for the period I was employed with them, other than that I don't have any employment or experience letter with them. Kindly suggest what are the alternatives that I can use for filing I-140

1. You might try a letter from someone, such as a previous supervisor, who no longer works at that company who can sign the letter on his/her new company's letterhead.

2. Work with your lawyer, s/he may have some suggestions.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. You are encouraged to seek independent and private counseling for a complete review of your case.