Experience Letter required for I-140 application.

Asked 4 months ago - Jersey City, NJ

My PERM got recently approved. As per I-140 checklist, it is required to have experience letter from previous employer. However, my previous employer is denying to provide the experience letter, which I am requesting for I-140 filing - EB2 as they no longer provide it to any employee whether former or current. Is there any other alternative for experience letter I can use for I-140 filing. After repeated email requests and phone calls for experience letter, my ex-employer is not willing to provide it. But I do have all the pay stubs and W2 for the period I was employed with them, other than that I don't have any employment or experience letter with them. Kindly suggest what are the alternatives that I can use for filing I-140

1. Ralf D. Wiedemann

Answered . You might try a letter from someone, such as a previous supervisor, who no longer works at that company who can sign the letter on his/her new company's letterhead.

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

Pro

Answered . Work with your lawyer, s/he may have some suggestions.