Expedite request for I-130

Spokane, WA |

I got the following letter and I was wondering what it actually meant. If they were doing the expedite or not. I'm a little confused about it. I had called and requested an expedite on the application for health reasons. But it doesn't show that they know that. Please let me know what the letters actually means. Thank you.

U.S. Department of Homeland Security
USCIS National Benefits Center
P.O. Box 648005
Lee's Summit,MO 64002

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
Thursday, August 1, 2013

On 07/18/2013 you, or the designated representative shown below, contacted us about your case. Some of the key information given to us at that time was the following:

Caller indicated they are:
-- Applicant or Petitioner

Attorney Name:
-- Information not available

Case type:
-- I130

Filing date:
-- 04/17/2013

Receipt #:
-- MSC-********

Referral ID:
Beneficiary (if you filed for someone else):
-- Information not available

Your USCIS Account Number (A-number):
-- Information not available

Type of service requested:
-- Other

The status of this service request is:

Your petition is currently under expedite review. You should recieve our decision or notice of other action shortly.

We offer many online services and tools to help you find the information you need. Please visit our Web site at www.uscis.gov for information about:

1. The language that you cite is nothing more than the USCIS generic, boilerplate acknowledgments/response to an expedite request. It does not go into the merits of the request itself, but is merely an acknowledgment of receipt. If your expedite request is only based on a health reason, am afraid it is going to be denied. The criteria for qualifying for an expedite can be found at the IUSCIS website. I wish You would have read it prior to submitting your expedite request. It would have saved you a lot of wasted time and grief.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

2. "Your petition is currently under expedite review. You should recieve our decision or notice of other action shortly."

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. They received your request. You will know if they did decide to expedite it by what happens next. If you get action on the I-130 (decision or request for evidence) in a matter of a couple days, you'll know they did expedite it. If not, then they didn't expedite it. Cases are expedited only under the most compelling circumstances.

This reply is intended only as general information and does not constitute legal advice in any particular case. This reply does not create an attorney/client relationship.