Skip to main content

Expedite N400 for oath ceremony.

Cortland, NY |

I passed my interview on 10/02/2013 and I didn't get a letter for oath ceremony. My mom is very sick and needs one one help and I need to go abroad to help my mom as soon as I got my oath ceremony and also my husband will go for a sabbatical in early December . Can I write for expedite request? How should I write and what should I include? Will they accept or should I wait?

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You can still travel with your green card. Just let your local office know that you will be away, so they can schedule you for a later date.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

  2. Schedule an InfoPass.

    Bring a letter from the doctor proving that she is seriously ill.

    PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

  3. Try to schedule an infopass and explain. I doubt it would help but you can try.

    The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

Immigration topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics