Expedite divorce process

Bergenfield, NJ |

Is there any way to expedite the divorce process in NJ? Uncontested divorce, no children, assets, just want to expedite the bureaucratic process, is there any way to request an expedite process from the court?

There is not an expedited divorce in NJ. However, with the facts you describe it can be done rather quickly. in these cases I prepare the divorce complaint and file it immediately. If my client believes the spouse will cooperate, I have him/her sign an acknowledgement of service and waiver of the time to answer. Once this is done the court will set a date for the divorce. If all goes well it can be done in six to ten weeks.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

The answer is YES. However, what you need to do depends on where you are in the divorce process. I would need to know: (1) Has a Divorce Complaint been filed yet? (2) Do you have a Docket number? (3) Has it been properly served on the other party? (4) Has the other party filed anything in response to the Complaint?

I recommend that you meet as soon as possible with a very experienced lawyer who focuses his/her practice on New Jersey Divorce and Family Law matters, go over your situation in detail, get educated answers to your questions, and obtain expert guidance as to the best course of action. In my opinion, it will be well worth the cost of the meeting.

For more information about divorce, you can access the website link www.nj-divorce.net.

DISCLAIMER The information you obtain at this site is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. You should consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation. We invite you to contact us and welcome your calls, letters and electronic mail. Please do not send any confidential information to us until such time as an attorney-client relationship has been established.

The court is happy to get your matter off its' Docket as quickly as possible. Once a settlement of all relevant issues is confirmed (ideally within a signed Marital Settlement Agreement) an Uncontested Hearing can be scheduled (at which time the divorce is finalized).

Kenneth A. White, Esq.
(732)819-9100

The Answer provided was based on the limited information provided, and represents information based on the law in general, not a legal opinion that can be relied upon. Before a formal legal opinion can be offered I would need an opportunity to review all possible relevant facts and circumstances. You cannot rely on the advice of an attorney given over the internet. The exact facts of your sitaution, including facts which you have not mentioned in your question, may completely change the opinion that is being offered. Please be aware that the above comments are neither protected by attorney-client privilege, nor may the same be the basis for a malpractice lawsuit.

The way to expedite the divorce process in NJ, given the facts and circumstances of your case, is to first file the Complaint for Divorce. You then need to give a Summons and Complaint to your spouse, and have the spouse sign an Acknowledgement of Service form in front of a notary public. Then you file that with the Court, and then request a Court date. Your fact pattern is not clear as to whether or not you have assets, but if you do have assets, then a property settlement agreement signed by both of you will help in ending this case quickly.

Without meeting with you, and knowing all the facts and circumstances of your case, my opinion is not to be construed as legal advice, just general educational information.