Expedite divorce process

Asked about 1 year ago - Bergenfield, NJ

Is there any way to expedite the divorce process in NJ? Uncontested divorce, no children, assets, just want to expedite the bureaucratic process, is there any way to request an expedite process from the court?

1. Yolanda Navarrete

2

1

Answered . There is not an expedited divorce in NJ. However, with the facts you describe it can be done rather quickly. in these cases I prepare the divorce complaint and file it immediately. If my client believes the spouse will cooperate, I have him/her sign an acknowledgement of service and waiver of the time to answer. Once this is done the court will set a date for the divorce. If all goes well it can be done in six to ten weeks.

2. Kenneth A White

Pro

2

1

Answered . The court is happy to get your matter off its' Docket as quickly as possible. Once a settlement of all relevant issues is confirmed (ideally within a signed Marital Settlement Agreement) an Uncontested Hearing can be scheduled (at which time the divorce is finalized).

Kenneth A. White, Esq.
    (732)819-9100

3. David F Salvaggio

1

1

Answered . The answer is YES. However, what you need to do depends on where you are in the divorce process. I would need to know: (1) Has a Divorce Complaint been filed yet? (2) Do you have a Docket number? (3) Has it been properly served on the other party? (4) Has the other party filed anything in response to the Complaint?

I recommend that you meet as soon as possible with a very experienced lawyer who focuses his/her practice on New Jersey Divorce and Family Law matters, go over your situation in detail, get educated answers to your questions, and obtain expert guidance as to the best course of action. In my opinion, it will be well worth the cost of the meeting.

For more information about divorce, you can access the website link www.nj-divorce.net.

4. Leonard Roy Boyer

Pro

1

1

Answered . The way to expedite the divorce process in NJ, given the facts and circumstances of your case, is to first file the Complaint for Divorce. You then need to give a Summons and Complaint to your spouse, and have the spouse sign an Acknowledgement of Service form in front of a notary public. Then you file that with the Court, and then request a Court date. Your fact pattern is not clear as to whether or not you have assets, but if you do have assets, then a property settlement agreement signed by both of you will help in ending this case quickly.