Expedite Case with USCIS for COS.

Asked about 1 year ago - Fremont, CA

Hi,My Change of Status application from H4 to F1 is pending with USCIS and it\'s been 2 months and a week(applied on may 31) . Since my h4 status expires on aug 20 , I need my F1 visa by that time in order to join the classes. I called the customer care and found that the last processed case was May 2nd. Can i expedite my case to USCIS stating the above reason ?

1. J Charles Ferrari

8

Answered . Your posting has no facts that would warrant an expedite. The fastest way to be on F-1 status is always to apply for an F-1 visa back home.

2. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

9

Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You may request the matter be expedited, but it will probably get you nowhere. Change of status requests are processed on a first come, first serve basis. You must have extenuating circumstances to have the request expedited.

3. Olga Bychok

8

Answered . Expediting is not particularly achievable endeavor.

4. Alexander Joseph Segal

7

Answered . Attorney Bychok is correct. To expedite you need exigent circumstances.

5. Kyndra L. Mulder

Pro

7

Answered . You have no basis to expedite your case. Go home before your current visa expires and file from there.

6. F. J. Capriotti III

6

Answered . My colleagues are correct ... you can't ask them to rush merely because you didn't file early enough.

How early is early enough? I recommend 5-6 months.

Or, you can fly home and get the visa before August 20th.