Exhusband asking for adoptive child's perm residence # to start a 529 supposedly. Should I give it to him?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brandon, FL

Still have outstanding 70k debt impacting my credit he is resp for.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lawrence John Gibney Jr.

    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . It is not entirely clear from your question what you are looking for. If your ex-husband wants to start a 529 educational plan for your(?) adopted child, then you I would give it to him. Another issue is why he is not paying the 70k debt and instead wanting to set up this 529 plan. I do not disagree with providing for a child's education but he should take care of his other responsibilties. Best of luck to you in what must be a harrowing experience.

    This information is provided as a public service to provide a general answer and should not be relied upon as... more
  2. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . I need more information. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,698 answers this week

2,762 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,698 answers this week

2,762 attorneys answering