Exeter NH fines and punishments for DWI. No breath test was taken, I refused to take the test.

Exeter, NH |

I was charged with DWI on Sat Oct 2 in Exeter NH, I was in my car just 200 yards from my home when I pulled over on the side of the road to make a cell phone call (Because my house has bad cell phone service) . My car was turned OFF the entire time I was pulled over and I still had my seat belt on, I just talking on the phone to a friend. I was probably there 10 minutes when a cruiser pulled up next to me and asked if there was an issue or problem, I said no sir I just live a few houses down and I'm making a cell phone call. He asked me to step out of the car and submitted me through a battery of tests, which I feel I passed. He then told me I was being arrested for DWI. I did not submit to the the Breath test only because he (The Officer) had already made up his mind,

1. A FIRST OFFENSE DWI in New Hampshire is a CLASS B MISDEMEANOR. No jail time can be imposed as a class B Misdemeanor, but a criminal record will result. FINES: A minimum $500 - $1,200 fine will be imposed plus a 24% penalty assessment. LICENSE SUSPENSION: A minimum 9 month - 2 years license loss. However, 6 months may be suspended if you enroll in the impaired driver intervention program (I.D.I.P.) within 45 days of conviction; OTHER: An SR-22 insurance certificate must be maintained for 3 years.

I would strongly encourage you to contact an experienced DWI lawyer immediately to discuss your situation.

DISCLAIMER- THIS IS NOT INTENDED TO AND DOES NOT CONSTITUTE LEGAL ADVICE AND DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP.