Exemption for N400 fee

Hi, I'm going to apply my N400 next month. I have income lower 10K in year 2012. Will I eligible for having exemption $680 fee? If I apply N400 with exemption fee does my process will be taken longer time than normal case? Thanks

San Diego, CA -

Attorney Answers (2)

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Lynne Rogers Feldman

Immigration Attorney - San Diego, CA

You will need a Form I-912 and need to supply all of the required doducments they indicate in those instructions. It should not take much if any longer to process with a fee wiaver if you submit the required fee waiver documents.

Lynne R. Feldman, Attorney at Law
Concentrating in Immigration and Nationality Law
2221 Camino Del Rio South, Suite 201
San Diego, CA 92108
phone: (619) 299-9600, facsimile: (619) 923-3277
email: lynne@feldmanfeldman.com
website: www.immigrateme.com

Formerly Adjunct Professor -- Immigration law
University of Illinois College of Law

Olesia Gorinshteyn

Olesia Gorinshteyn

Immigration Attorney - Atlanta, GA

It will take longer only if your I-912 is rejected by USCIS because you would have to refile with the filing fee or additional documents to support a fee waiver.

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.